The Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) are committed to creating a world of work which is safe, healthy and sustainable. They’re not just the biggest health and safety membership organisation in the world, they’re also the only Chartered body for health and safety professionals.
IOSH Managing Safely
This course is designed to provide people within an organisation that has a responsibility to others for managing other people’s health & safety.
All Managers need an understanding of their safety and health responsibilities.
Managing Safely is unlike any other safety and health course because it delivers practical step-by-step guidance with a sharp business focus that is hands-on and jargon-free. The innovative format and content is engaging and inspiring – critical to embedding safety and health throughout your entire organisation.
Who is the IOSH Managing Safely course for?
Anyone in a management role.
Why does the IOSH Managing Safely course work?
- Designed for managers and supervisors in any sector and in any country
- Provides the knowledge and tools required to manage safely
- Peace of mind from training that’s designed and quality controlled by IOSH
- Flexibility of delivery that suits your business
- Internationally recognised and respected certification
- Efficient and effective learning – health, safety and environmental basics covered in a single programme
- Managers can attend the Managing Safely Refresher course three years after completion
What does the training provide?
- Memorable and thought-provoking facts and case studies
- Modules backed by clear examples and recognisable scenarios
- The course covers eight interactive modules:
- Introducing managing safely
- Assessing risks
- Controlling risks
- Understanding your responsibilities
- Identifying hazards
- Investigating accidents and incidents
- Measuring performance
- Protecting our environment
- Summaries to reinforce key points
- Checklists and materials supplied for subsequent use in the workplace
- Interactive quiz and discussions
- Practical exercise based on the operations of a real business
- Successful delegates awarded a Managing Safely certificate
Top 5 business benefits
- Greater productivity – fewer hours lost to sickness and accidents
- Improved organisation-wide safety awareness culture and appreciation of safety measures
- Active staff involvement to improve the workplace
- Internationally recognised certification for managers and supervisors
- Enhanced reputation within the supply chain
Top 5 delegate benefits
- Ensures you can assess and control risks and hazards
- Ensures as a manager you understand your own responsibilities for safety and health
- Enables you to investigate incidents
- Empowers you to measure your own performance
- Allows for personal reflections on good practice
This nationally recognised and respected certificated training is achieved by taking a three day classroom based course. It is assessed by a 22 question, multiple-format assessment paper and a risk assessment based project. When you pass, you’ll be awarded an IOSH Managing Safely certificate.
Please contact us for more details.